Friday 20 June 2014

Beach huts, Chanel Spring/ Summer 2014


Images via:


There is something really appealing about beach huts. They are quaint, quirky, and so, so, so very British. I love the different colours all in a row. Beach huts allow people to be a little bit more creative and wacky than they can be in their actual home.

Beach huts are all about summer days at the beach. Beach huts, deck chairs, 99 flake ice creams, maybe a sand castle and a quick dip in the sea before you remember that the sea is always freezing because you're in Suffolk, not the Seychelles.

The multi-coloured rows of huts are what I thought of when I saw the Chanel S/S 2014 collection. I really liked the rainbow of colours against a white background.


Chanel ready to wear S/S 14
Images via style.com 

I really wanted to try and create something inspired by days on a British beach and the Chanel collection. I couldn't find anything encapsulating the rainbow spectrum in what I already owned, so I was really happy to find a vintage tshirt on Etsy that fitted the brief really well- white base, rainbow colour palette, and a stripy, colour block type print. 

Topshop tear drop necklace / Vintage tshirt / Vintage Levis jeans / Asos suede creepers

 Vintage tshirt / Topshop suede bag / Zara tube skirt / Topshop buckle low heel sandals

No comments:

Post a Comment